Pre-school and F2 Moonstones Home Learning
Welcome to the Early Years' Home Learning Page. The resources below will be updated weekly from the 20th April 2020. There will be new ones ready for each week available on a Monday morning. The whole EYFS team hope that you enjoy them and if you have any questions, please message your class teacher on dojo. Alternatively, our class emails are (for all pre-school classes) and for F2 children.
Week commencing: Monday 18th May
Pre-school: Please click on your class name below to access the learning activities.
Sunbeams - 2 year olds
Sunshines - Pre-F1 (Mrs Gallacher)
Sunstones - F1 - Mrs Burgin
Please visit this page for information to support reading at home with children.
Week commencing 18th May.
Our class theme this half term would have been minibeasts, so we are going to continue with that theme for our home learning over the next few weeks.
1. Lots of you enjoyed the Very Busy Spider work last week from White Rose Maths online. This week, please have a go at Summer Week 5 – Superworm.
2. Please look at this page which helps to show what parents can do at home to support reading with their children.
Did you know that audible are now allowing free access to their children's book collection? Our reading for pleasure challenge is attached here. It also reminds you about reading on bug club too. Short bursts of reading, or listening to others readers reading quality books is a really important way of maintaining children's literacy skills.
This week Mr Kaskiewicz and Mrs Foster will be sending different sounds on dojo. Can you
then create a poster for each sound? This could include; writing the sound, writing words which contain the sound, drawing pictures of object which contain the sound, writing a sentence with the sound in etc. We would love to put these up in the classroom!
Daily phonics lessons will be available on this link at 10am every day. You can visit the lesson at any time after that for the next 12 weeks. The lessons will be following the letters and sounds programme which we use in school so will be a good way of practising phonics for F2 children. If you need advice on whether these lessons will be suitable for your child's current stage of phonics learning, please contact staff on class dojo.
Here is a document with further information about these lessons.
Remember to work on your tricky words as well as your decodable words too.
4. English and Theme learning - We would love for you to become scientists and do an observational drawing of your favourite minibeast. Can you then label the minibeast’s different parts?
Can you create your favourite minibeast out of things you can find around the house?
5. Mental Health Awareness week - the theme for this week is kindness. Can you think about how kind you are to others and what being kind means? These activities will help you to think about the importance of being kind.
6. If you want to extend your learning the Oak National Academy (a government backed project) is delivering lessons online for F2. You can access them through the link below. This is in addition to what we have set as a school and we are signposting to them if you would like to use them - this is your choice. There is English, Maths and Foundation Subjects on there and the Oak Academy are adding more lessons each week.
We hope you enjoy your learning for the and would love to see what you get up to on dojo. Send us your pics!